cabinet

cabinet
open up and come on in

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fridays Will Feature



Today my parents are leaving for an East Coast trip, so I took the day off to deal with the chaos that will be wrangling my three dogs, securing my cat here in the casa on a solo mission, and of course dropping the happy couple off at the airport.  My father has already called to ask me if I can do him a big favor.  "What is it, Dad?"  His deadpan response: "Go on this trip so I don't have to."  Let's all wish Koko luck.

In preparing for today, I was pondering what to write about on this fine blog.  First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who is already been so supportive of my efforts-it means a lot!  I love going to work and hearing that reading the blog has already become a part of many folks' daily rituals.  Rad!  I have so many inspiring friends and family, I can't wait to introduce each one in their own special way.  Subsequently, I've decided to devote Fridays to posts about those who inspire me to create my strange world of the Lady Cabinet.

One person that I find exceptionally inspirational is Rebecca Caridad.  I stumbled upon her awesome Etsy store on a whim, and have been addicted ever since.  However, she's much more than a storefront.  She is the lady behind manzanita, one of my favorite blogs on the whole wide web, and if you've ever laid eyes on me...I'm probably wearing one of her magical creations from her shop.  I encourage those of you who enjoy my blog to explore hers, she is much more savvy than I am at all of this, and she is not afraid to get in front of the camera (like me).  Whenever I make a purchase, she sends me these adorable cards (see above and don't laugh...there's a tiger in my bathroom), and I hang them up next to my classy Nagel prints, to keep it creative/fun/pretty in the loo.  I recently gifted her a box of dresses that I had outgrown, and she was kind enough to crochet John and I a fabulous matching set. See:

 

 What's awesome is this is the same color I have chosen for the blog...weird how things work out like that.  When Rebecca re-opens her Etsy shop I want to do a full profile and interview with her, in order to highlight what a talented awesome lady she is.  For now, visit her blog.  She's way big time...she's got contests!

No comments:

Post a Comment